Blythe is really close to being ready to pottytrain. I had planned to do this on a friekishly cold week in January when it's difficult to go somewhere anyways. But Blythe seems to be ready now. So on Monday, I gave her a shot. Don't judge for moving this operation outside- I knew none of my neighbors were going to be home that morning!
Mimi came over and supplied butterfly wings for the rare stay-at-home morning.Well, Joy decided if Blythe is doing something exciting, she needed to do it as well. Now we do own two of these potties, but only one was at our house, as I didn't anticipate this being a multi-child operation. Joy was definitely not ready to potty train that day and is an extremely well-hydrated child. So it was a busy morning to say the least.
Issues like Joy shoving Blythe off the potty threw an extra wrench in the works, and Blythe didn't really want to be there anyways. Even though she notifies me every time she has an urge for potty-related activities.
So in the name of making life with twins as easy as we can and not taking on unnecessary challenges, we are going to put off twin potty training boot camp until Joy is actually ready and just let Blythey ease into it on her own little timeframe.
Poor kid, she can't even potty train by herself. Such is the lot of a twin. Good thing there's a lot of upsides, too!
1 comment:
Oh golly. I know it. Well, not the twin part. But Ellie's been ready for a long time. I'm not though. Especially not now. Yikes. Good luck!!
Post a Comment