Wednesday, January 30, 2013
The Doctor's shindig
When I asked Jake about letting me do a little party to celebrate the extra letters behind his name, he said he wanted it small and simple. So we went for a couple of his favorite desserts and drinks with some precious friends who have been there for us over these past years. My mom was there as well, but we missed Ken and Sandy, who were in New Zealand visiting the Gillies family.
I made Jake bring home his new name plate that APU gave him. Isn't it handsome? It's amazing how much three little letters can symbolize.
An after kid-bedtime, adults-only, relaxed night of hanging out was just the right way to celebrate for my husband who does not like to make a big deal about things. I like to make a big deal about things, but I agreed that it was just perfect. After a fall of a restricted social life, it was nice to re-enter good times like this. The minimal number of pictures I took were evidence that kids weren't there because we were actually having conversations with our friends instead of managing the circus of our kids while trying to photographically capture every moment of cuteness.
Well, actually there were a couple of kids there. Here's the mind-blowingly precious baby doll Annalee...
And hiding in that cute tiny tummy is Baby Girl Titus!
Love this guy! Thankful for him every day, and thankful for his hard work for our family and hard work in pursuing what God has called him to that gave us a fabulous reason to celebrate that night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment