Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Margins

Last week was a week in which every morning and every evening had something going on- all good things, but commitments nonetheless. It was one of those things where in some situations, it would have felt like a busy, fun week, but last week I felt overwhelmed by all I needed to do and all I knew I wouldn't get to. By week's end, I felt like I had been hit by a 2 x 4 with the information that I need more "margins" in my life.

This is not new information.  And, as my Aunt Boo says, "God doesn't stutter." So if you realize something very clearly on a regular basis, it's for a reason.

Why does this matter to you? Well, I'm sitting in a margin right now.

It's called Starbucks.

Abby Jane is at the Awana program at our church right now, and am I volunteering to help, like the majority of my friends do?

Nope.

I drop her off, wave goodbye, then drive to a nearby Starbucks to have a little over an hour to myself to catch up on things, including the blog.

Soooo... if you notice the pattern of Wednesday posts, cue the pumpkin spice latte, a table for one, the trusty laptop, and the priceless, precious husband who doesn't say, "I told you so" on weeks like last week but just heartily encourages taking a few breaks from life and learning to say "no" to potential commitments more often.


No comments: