Wednesday, September 23, 2009

19 months

I wanted to record our little family before it expands exponentially... and before my belly got so big that it made other people uncomfortable to see!  So my mom took these for us in her backyard on Sept. 8, when Abby Jane actually turned 19 months...

She thinks it's so funny to feel the babies kick, and she announces it when she does.

Kissing the babies...

And now we're back to being 19 months and on the go! I love this candid shot- Jake and I are obviously springing into action, she's obviously a few steps ahead... 

19 months is SO fun.  This kid is practically having conversations with us, and she can be REASONED with a lot of the time. She especially responds to frank conversations with Jake.  He'll sit her down and explain things to her (i.e. why she shouldn't cry after Mama puts her down to go to sleep, why she should take a bath willingly every time, why we share, etc.)  It's great, because then I can refer back to conversations she had with her daddy and ride on their coattails (i.e. "Remember how Daddy said that when I put you down to go night-night, you don't cry and you just say, 'Night night, Mama, I love you!' " AND IT WORKS!)

ONE OF MY FAVORITE things that has happened this month is spontaneous "Thank you!"'s and "Bless you!"  Today at the store, some man coughed, and Jane said, "Bless you, man!"

-she moved to a big girl bed very successfully when we moved into the rental, pics to come

-loves her new rocking horse, more pics of that coming as well

-still LOVES the park, especially the new one we went to yesterday that's really close to home

-fav foods are pasta, hummus, dipping things in hummus or ranch dressing (veggies, pita, whatever), any fruit, her daily smoothie... oh and any treat, which is always spoken as TREEEEAAT! when she says it! (i.e. these great Trader Joe's alphabet cookies)

-started a music and art class at a FABULOUS local place called Miss Lala's Treehouse, and Abby Jane is loves, loves, loves it, talking about it all the time!

-has quite the sense of humor and does things on purpose to make us (and herself) laugh all the time 

With very few exceptions, I think we've made it around the corner of any struggles with her transition in the move.  Most nights we walk out of her room after putting her down and just shake our heads at how much we could just eat her with a spoon.

8 comments:

The Barkers said...

These pictures are so precious!! I love the one you put as your header. So happy for your growing family. Love your blog!!

Sarah

McLove said...

Soooo cute!! You look sooo cute too with your cute prego belly:)

Anonymous said...

Love hearing how Abner is doing. I'm glad she is adjusting well! It's fun to see pictures of y'all on your blog! Love to all 5 of you!

Anonymous said...

This is Gillean, Rapmasta00 is my old AOL screen name from high school!

Krisan said...

those pictures are priceless. love them. i'm so excited for ya'll em!

TheFisherFamily said...

What cute pics!! You have been in my thoughts and prayers lately with all the flooding and such! Abby Jane is getting to be so grown up- I love the Daddy/daughter talks- so precious. Hope you have been feeling good!

Love,
Katie xoxo

Carrie said...

Thanks so much for the updates! Abby Jane is such a cutie-pie!!

We miss you all,
Carrie, Chuck, and Mihret

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Love the pics! You look great! And that Abby Jane is one smart cookie:) Hope to see yall soon!