Her not being a huge fan of being with people other than Jake and I is the only drawback to me staying at home with her. Her other legitimate reasons are: 1) never took the bottle, so couldn't leave her with a babysitter with no way to feed her until she got the sippy cup down at 3 months 2) no local family 3) dear friends out here who she knows and sees regularly have offered to babysit, but by the time she learned the sippy cup, she also started not being a big fan of being with people other than her parents.
To her credit, she HAS been babysat a couple of times and HAS made it through the service before. So we know she can do it, and the only way for her to get more comfortable with being with other folks is to... be with other folks... which frequently results in a sweet smiley girl becoming a good bit on the grumpy side sometimes...
I'm doing MOPs this fall, and I'm so excited, but she'll be with the other little ones 6 months and up. My goal has been for her to be good and settled so MOPs would be a breeze... but I think it will still be a learning curve for her (i.e. not a fun experience for her) until she gets more comfortable.
Any tips or suggestions? She's so sweet and friendly as long as she's with one of us, so we so desire for her to be that same little girl with other people...
5 comments:
Hmm,only to stick with it! Keep taking her and I think eventually she'll be ok with church nursery. Are the workers the same weekly or different? Same is good. Although unfortunately most church's rotate staff which makes it harder for those little ones!
& Don't stress too much. All babies go through this & this stage like all the others will pass quickly! Miss you!
One thing you could try to do is stay for a few minutes one week and gradually leave earlier each week just so she can get used to playing with you so she isn't freaked out. I know it doesn't help because you are missing part of the service, but at least you could get her more accustomed to it.
I don't think I have much advice but I want to encourage you that it will get better and may just be a phase also. When she starts crawling there is an independence that comes and they seem to feel better about exploring away from m and d. The new pics are SO cute and she is changing so much!! Any AU games this fall?
You are right -- practicing is the only way to help it! Keep trying! Can't wait to see yall soon! One month!
As long as Owen is in a happy mood when I hand him over, and I am invisible very quickly, he does ok.
And I think your friend is right...when she starts crawling she'll be too busy to notice. Owen is all over the place when I put him down since he became mobile...so unless he knows I am around it's ok. Just keep leaving her with other folks. She'll get used to it.
Now if I could just get Owen to sleep....
Post a Comment