Fittingly, Mama came out for the week before Mother's Day on a visit that included one of the best beach days yet, Sunday brunch at Coogie's, Mom doing some damage in my favorite shopping district in Santa Monica (Montana Ave.), and free babysitting during small group!
Mama left on Thursday, and since then Abby Jane has done four big things... 1. She sat in her baby seat for the first time! I think it's so cute to see her sitting all by herself- she seems to think it's relatively fun, too.
2. On Friday afternoon, she rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time! 3. She started putting her hands together and holding them. Sometimes it looks like she's going to launch into Sound of Music- it's so funny! On the topic of hands, she is enjoying putting her fist/knuckles into her mouth these days as well. 4. She has graced us with a delightful, discernible laugh! Before then, she just would breathe really fast when she got excited. But now, not every time, but sometimes when she's doing her huge, open-mouthed smile, she has cackled. Today it made me tear up because it was such a beautiful sound. And I wasn't even doing anything exciting at the moment to encourage it! Alas, she still isn't a bottle-taker, but we still love her.
On Saturday, we went down the hill to the Malibu Pier- here's a cute daddy/daughter moment...
Then we went to the big field at the base of campus called Alumni Park for some grass-time for Abby Jane, her favorite part of the whole day other than eating...
Mother's Day was so wonderful! Abby Jane gave me a full night's sleep, which happens a few times a week now. After church, Jake took us girls to Coral Tree Cafe in Brentwood, which is a great little spot where you can sit outside (and it turned out they had complimentary champagne for mamas!) Then it was onto Montana Ave., where I was treated to a couple of fun things! I love Mother's Day- Jake made me feel like a million dollars, and I've only been mothering three months.
Please continue to pray for my friend Katherine (see previous posting and http://www.katherinewolf.info/). I was thinking about her yesterday and how she should be out celebrating her first Mother's Day, not in the ICU.
I know I've been "tagged", and I promise to follow through in the near future, but I think our small group would be more appreciative tonight if I used the remainder of naptime for a shower...
2 comments:
I love all of the updates!!! SO fun to hear what's going on out there. Abby Jane is getting SO big!
We cannot wait to see you, Jake and that sweet Abby Jane! I'm glad you had a great Mother's day!
Post a Comment