Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Getting started...

After much encouragement, we are finally starting our blog!  Abby Jane turns 9 weeks in two days, so at least we're getting this started before she is ready for 1st grade or something...
Life is so sweet with a little one!  Especially with her wonderful nights of only waking up once to eat.  Which means she has happy, well-rested parents!  
Abby Jane is in a precious stage of smiling and talking to us.  We think she's brilliant and very articulate, but we're probably a bit biased.  The smiles are our favorites!  Her eyes are so alert and observant that sometimes we forget that she doesn't understand what we're saying to her.  She looks like she knows exactly what we're talking about and wants to take part in conversation.  We are looking forward to when she can!  Already at 9 weeks, she has been to Mammoth on a ski trip, has spent a few afternoons at the beach, is a great little shopper, and loves to go on walks (though she falls asleep every single time).  Her favorite part of the day is when we go outside and lay a blanket on the grass.  She kicks and smiles and is the happiest that she is all day long.  Her other happy part of the day is when she first wakes up.  When I unswaddle her, she stretches out and smiles and laughs.  And sometimes makes some unladylike noises... which may be related to the smiles...
Jake has gotten caught up on his schoolwork after basically taking off the month of February.  Pepperdine students get out for summer in a couple of weeks, then it's a nice, quiet summer in the office.  We're in the middle of a "visitors" season right now- lots of family are coming to see our little bundle of joy!  Jake's parents came back for a second visit last week, Jake's sister Betsy and little Cade are here this week, my sister Jodi and her husband Chris are next week, then my mama comes the first of May.  So fun!  We love sharing Abby Jane...

6 comments:

jane said...

welcome to the blog world! i'm excited to get to keep up this way... those unswaddled stretches in the morning are the best!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

yay! we just started ours too-so glad to hear from you:) i can't wait to meet abby jane in person! come see us soon! mag

The Slagleys said...

Welcome to blogging! It is so fun to keep up with everyone and to share pictures and stories about your new sweet girl! I am excited to keep up with Abby Jane as she grows so fast!

The Muncies said...

I love it!!!!!!!!! So glad to get to keep up with yall better!! Love the stories and the pics!

Katie and Mark said...

Well done, Em and Jake! This really is a fun way to watch our dear little girl grow up from far away! Much love from DC...

Melissa said...

Emily~ I found your blog through Ann! I was SO excited to be able to keep up better with you and your precious Abby Jane. I loved reading the day to day happenings with your little bundle of JOY!! So exciting..is it okay if I add you to my blog? I made my blog private because I got a creepy message so I will need an email address that you use so you can see ours if you want to. Love this blog-world for the reason of being able to keep up with precious people like you!!